Emergencies and Customer Care: 1-800-994-2762

Need a Contractor?

How to Find a Natural Gas Contractor

Most people tend to find contractors through word-of-mouth. You may be asking for business owners, members of business associations or your local Business Improvement Areas for recommendations. You can also check the Yellow Pages under the categories "heating contractors" or "natural gas contractors." 

Liberty Utilities Authorized Contractors

Liberty Utilities has selected these specialized natural gas contractors:

Greater Fredericton Region

Degree Technologies


139 Route 105
Lower St. Mary's, NB E3A 8P8

Tel: (506) 472- 2665
Email: admin@degreetechnologies.ca


ET Mechanical


85 Sunset Drive
Fredericton, NB E3A 1A2

Tel: (506) 444-4663
Email:  tom@etmechanical.ca

Greater Moncton Region

Bob's Heating & Cooling


70 Loftus St.
Moncton, NB E1E 2N2

Tel: (506) 857-3217
Email: service@bobsheating.ca

Saint John

E-Zee Gas Services


40 Jadvo Street
Saint John, NB E2N 0A2

Tel: (506) 650-0932
Email: info@ezeegas.com

Each Liberty Utilities Authorized Contractor is:

  • A qualified HVAC contractor licensed and registered with New Brunswick Public Safety.
  • ISNET certified.
  • Trained alongside our service and operations people to carry out procedures according to strict codes and standards that cover everything from the distribution of natural gas to the inspection of equipment in homes/buildings.
  • Authorized to perform the installation and service of equipment and appliances for Liberty Utilities' Rental Program.

All Liberty Utilities Representatives Wear a Visible Identification Card

All Liberty Utilities representatives will be carrying an ID card that displays the Liberty Utilities' logo, the representative's name, their photo and their company's name. If they do not have a visible identification card:

  • Do not allow them into your home
  • Do not provide any natural gas billing information (a Liberty Utilities representative will never ask to see your bill)
  • Do not sign any document presented to you
  • You can also contact us for more information

How do I know if a contractor is qualified to install or work on natural gas equipment?

In New Brunswick, qualified HVAC contractors must be licensed and registered with New Brunswick Public Safety. 

If you have chosen a contractor, you can check it out by calling the New Brunswick Public Safety at (506) 453-2740, Monday-Friday, 8:15 am - 4:30 pm (excluding holidays).

Questions to ask when you are interviewing contractors

Before you ask for an estimate for the work, you should ask them:

  • What trade associations they belong to.
  • How long they've been in business.
  • Their warranty and maintenance coverage on equipment and labor.
  • How much insurance insurance?
  • Whether they offer financing or leasing programs if you're interested in them.
  • Local references that you could call to see if they were satisfied with the contractor's work.
  • Going through this interview will give you a better impression of who you are hiring and how they propose to work with you.